6655 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 616.949.4342
6655 Cascade Road SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546 616.949.4342
As state restrictions ease, we offer different worship options.
All options are Sundays, 10:30am
Livestream Worship continues
We continue to offer weekly livestream worship for those who choose to worship from home. Click here for livestream.
Outdoor Worship July 19
10:30am on the front lawn
bring chairs, beverages, sun shade
Indoor Worship resumes July 26
- Upper Worship Center: Live worship (100 person capacity)
- Lower Worship Center: streamed to screen (100 person capacity)
- Youth Center: streamed to screen (50 person capacity)
- each venue has own entrance/exit and restroom
Sign Up required
- sign up online (link coming soon) or call the church office (949-4342)
- all are welcome, including guests
- allows capacity monitoring
- allows contact tracing in case of exposure
- if you develop symptoms or test positive, please contact the church office as soon as possible
Protection & Care Measures Required
- hand sanitizer stations at each entrance/exit
- maintain physical distancing at all times; avoid touching face
- face masks required indoors; please bring your own; if you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you at the entrance
- please use the restroom assigned to your worship venue; capacity of two persons at a time
- seating appropriately distanced in all worship venues
- worshipers will be ushered in and ushered out by row at the end of worship
- family style worship: children remain with their parents; nursery and nursing rooms will be closed for care or diaper changing
- congregational singing is postponed due to the amount of aerosols generated while singing and the discomfort to do so while masked
- offerings will be collected only in boxes at the entrance/exit of each venue
- at close of worship, please exit each venue to fellowship outside; no indoor fellowship
In loving each other we ask
- if you or anyone you live with does not feel well, has a temperature above 99.5, or has been around someone diagnosed with COVID-19, please stay home and worship via livestream.
- if you are at risk or have serious health considerations, please stay home and worship via livestream.
- if you develop symptoms or test positive, please contact the church office as soon as possible so we can use contact tracing.
Our mission at Cascade Fellowship to “love God, love people, and make disciples wherever we go”
compels us to make the following statement with respect to current events:
We stand against racism. We stand against injustice. We stand against any belief or action that promotes hostility, prejudice, or degradation of any group of people as all are made in the image of God.
We stand for reconciliation. We stand for peace. We believe that all people, both oppressed and oppressor, can only find what their heart truly longs for in Jesus Christ. Agreeing with one of our church’s faith statements, we believe “that the church must stand by people in any form of suffering and need, which implies, among other things, that the church must witness against and strive against any form of injustice, so that justice may roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.” (Confession of Belhar).
We commit to grow in our ministry of prayer and reconciliation. We commit to listen and learn more about how we can live justly, mercifully, and humbly in our community. And for all things we rely on the Spirit to change hearts and move his people to courageous action.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT ON A SUNDAY?
Sunday mornings we gather before the service at 9am for a time to learn and grow together. All ages are welcome and encouraged to share this time to develop a closer relationship with Jesus. At 10:30am we join together to celebrate God's faithfulness and learn from God's Word how to live a faith-filled life.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
It's always a good idea to allow 10-15 minutes to get your bearings and visit the restroom if needed. If you're bringing children, please allow some extra time to get them dropped off and settled.
WHAT WILL MY CHILDREN DO?
- From 9:00-10:15am we offer Sunday Discipleship time for all ages and stages of life. Children and adults alike gather to grow and learn about God's love, grace, and truth. The youngest (0-2 yrs.) will be cared for in our loving nursery.
- During the worship service, children may gather in special age-appropriate settings for them to worship (offered September thru May). This helps prepare them to worship with their family when they are older. We have worship centers for several age groups: 3 year olds, Pre-K (4s and Y5s), Kindergarten, 1st grade.
- In addition to Sundays we offer weekday opportunities for children. Alternating Wednesday evenings we host Cascade Connect which starts with a meal at 6 pm followed by programs for all ages, boys' and girls' clubs, service opportunities, game time, and an adult 'Hot Topics' discussion group.
WHAT IS THE UPPER WORSHIP CENTER / LOWER WORSHIP CENTER?
Our Sunday morning worship service is held in two different on-site venues at the same time. The service is the same in both venues, opening and closing with live music; however, the Pastor preaches the message from the Upper Worship Center while the Lower Worship Center watches on a large projection screen. The offering is a bit different as the Lower Worship Center uses boxes by the entrances while the Upper Worship Center passes a plate along the rows. Click here to view photos of each venue space.
DO I HAVE TO GIVE MONEY WHEN I VISIT?
Please come as our guest! We have no expectations of you. It is our common practice at Cascade Fellowship to offer God gifts of our time, talents, and treasures. During our Sunday worship service, we take time to collect financial gifts. As our guest, please feel no obligation.
WHO CAN ANSWER MY QUESTIONS ABOUT CASCADE FELLOWSHIP?
There are many people who would be happy to help or guide you. Please stop by the Information Center in the Hub to have your questions answered, and while you're there we have a special gift for you!